Brandon Boyd is the lead singer of the rock band Incubus. A look at his IG account shows that he additionally doubles up as an artist. His account, which has 494K, is full of pictures of some of his designed art.
Have you ever thought about what Brandon Boyd’s net worth is? Or how many tattoos he has? Well, those two things are precisely what we want to talk about today, so you’re in luck.
Brandon Boyd Net Worth from Music Career
Boyd’s bank account and income are directly tied to her music career. Interestingly, his band’s first and second albums, ‘Enjoy Incubus’ and ‘S.C.I.E.N.C.E,’ were not a big hit. The third and fourth, ‘Make Yourself’ and ‘Morning View,’ were huge commercial successes.
Their 5th album, ‘A Crow Left of The Murder,’ pushed the envelope even further, earning them a nomination for the Best Hard Rock Performance award during the 2005 Grammy Awards.
Likewise, in 2015, they also released a single titled ‘Absolute Calling.’ It saw Boyd and the band collaborate with Skrillex. More than a decade ago, reports suggested that Brandon’s financial value was $20 million. By 2021, things had gotten even better. Presently, Brandon Boyd’s net worth is $25 million.
Brandon Boyd’s Other Artistic Exploits
As we mentioned before, Boyd is also a successful artist. He started drawing when he was just a young lad. In 2008, he got his first solo show, ‘Ectoplasm,’ in the Musichead Gallery in LA.
Finally, he planned to release a large-scale solo exhibit in March this year, but the plans were put on hold due to the covid pandemic. Consequently, Brandon switched to an online exhibition, which he streamed in April through Instagram Live.
The main exhibition is set to take place in the spring of 2021. Furthermore, Boyd is the creator and curator of three books, ‘White Fluffy Clouds,’ From the Murks of the Sultry Abyss, and So the Echo. His books include a compilation of Boyd’s different artistic traits. This ranges from his drawings, photographs, song lyrics to other personal thoughts and writings.
Brandon Boyd Tattoos
Boyd has quite a few distinguishing tattoos. Let us take a look at some of Brandon Boyd’s tattoos. The most prominent is the Buddhist mantra, Om Mani Padme Hum, on his forearm. The words emphasize qualities such as patience and compassion.
Just below it is another tattoo by Lars Johansson of a koi fish in red ink. Furthermore, he has many tattoos on his right arm, including a second tattoo of the same Buddhist mantra.
Similarly, he has a tattoo of the ‘All-Seeing Eye’ or the ‘Eye of Providence,’ commemorative to his band’s album ‘The Crow Left of the Murder.’ Another one of his back tattoos is that of an owl. Similarly, he also has a tattoo of the eye Horace on his right ankle.
A tattoo of his mother and father’s name, ‘Priscilla and Charles’, lies on his forearm. Finally, a single teardrop on both of his index fingers. However, they aren’t as unique as the tattoo inspired by ‘The Peacock Skirt,’ an illustration by Aubrey Beardsley.
Brandon Boyd Facts
- Brandon Boyd is the son of Charles Boyd and Priscilla ‘Dolly’ Wiseman. He was born on February 15, 1976, in Van Nuys, California.
- Both of Boyd’s parents were once in the entertainment industry and thus supported and encouraged when it came to nurturing his artistic talents.
- His younger brother is Jason Boys. Like Brandon, Jason is also a lead vocalist who worked with bands like Audiovent.
- He graduated from Calabasas high school in 1994 and was a student at Moorpark College for two years before starting his band, Incubus.
- Boyd was voted one of ‘The Hottest Guys in Rock’ by Teen People Magazine. Most people say that his popularity largely stems from his likable personality. He is very different from other rockstars.
- Brandon also had a brief solo, producing only one album, ‘The Wild Trapeze.’ After taking some time away from Incubus back in 2013, he started a new band, ‘Sons of the Sea.’